[O] Re: Simple Indentation question: indentation behaviour changed some

From: Rainer Stengele
Subject: [O] Re: Simple Indentation question: indentation behaviour changed some time ago.
Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2011 09:47:43 +0100

Am 02.03.2011 00:45, schrieb Nicolas:
> Hello,
>
> Rainer Stengele <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> * headline
>>   - item
>> TEXT
>> ^
>>
>> cursor on first "T" of "TEXT" and pressing "TAB" I got:
>>
>> * headline
>>   - item
>>     TEXT
>>
>> nowadays I get
>>
>> * headline
>>   - item
>>   TEXT
>> I checked the org-*indent* variables but could not find a matching variable.
>> How can I configure the old behaviour?
> You can set `org-list-ending-method' to 'regexp, meaning that you will
> need to provide two blank lines (that's configurable though, see
> `org-empty-line-terminates-plain-lists' and `org-list-end-regexp') to end
> a list.
>
> Otherwise, lists are determined by indentation, so, in your example,
> TEXT end the list as it is less indented than any of its items. Thus,
> when pressing TAB, Org indent the line accordingly, that is as a line
> belonging to the headline but not to the list.
>
> Also note that, if TEXT isn't already typed, you can use C-j after
> "item" to stay inside list and go on typing.
>
> Regards,

Hello Nicolas,

ok, thanks, I checked all that but could not find a setting that makes sense
for me.

I do not understand why when pressing TAB being at point ^:

  - item

^

results in

  - item

    ^

but having

  - item
TEXT
^

and pressing TAB results in

  - item
  TEXT
  ^

How can I get the indentation same as with empty lines?

-- Rainer