[O] Re: identation in enabled org-indent-mode and disabled OIM

From: Nicolas
Subject: [O] Re: identation in enabled org-indent-mode and disabled OIM
Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2011 14:12:16 +0100

Thomas Hisch <address@hidden> writes:

> After reindenting the whole buffer with
> C-x h C-M-\  the list (item1) is not indented properly:
>
> * Head 1
>   Test 0
> ** Subhead 1
>    Test 1
> *** Subsubhead 1
>     Test 1a
> ** Subhead 2
>    Test 2
> - item 1
>   lals2
>   lsakdl3
>   lkal3
>    item 2

As you may have observed when pressing TAB at an item, lists are never
indented. Or more precisely, their indentation is independent from
current level of headline. This is because TAB is also used to cycle
visibility of the item at point. Well, it may do both actions, but I'm
not sure if it's worth implementing it.

Anyway, you can still move a whole list to the desired column using
M-S-right or M-S-left on the very first level of the list.

Regards,

--
Nicolas