Re: [O] using org-mode with MS Outlook

From: Michael Markert
Subject: Re: [O] using org-mode with MS Outlook
Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2011 00:23:41 +0100

On 4 Mar 2011, Nick Dokos wrote:
> David Ellis <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> After I sent this email, I found ical2org.el. I saved a month of my
>> calendar from Outlook to an iCalendar file. Then, I used
>> ical2org/convert-file to convert it to an org file. All of the times
>> were off by 6 hours. Since I live in the Central time zone in the US
>> that is GMT-6, I wondered if this was the issue. When I used
>> icalendar-import-file to convert the iCalendar file to a diary file,
>> the times were okay.
>
> Where did you get ical2org.el? Does it use icalendar.el as distributed
> with emacs? IME, the latter has a lot of problems with timezones (based
> on a very cursory examination - I mean to go back to that but haven't had
> the time), so if the former uses it, I wouldn't be surprised to see
> timezone problems cropping up.

Yes it's based on Emacs' icalendar.org; I'll look into the issue, but
currently short on time - so you might be better of with the Awk
solution right now.

In case anybody wants to hack on it himself/herself Repository is on
Github[1].

It was on the list a few weeks before [2].

Michael

Footnotes:
[1] https://github.com/cofi/ical2org
[2] http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/35555