[O] Strange indentation bevaviour: cannot find out why

From: Rainer Stengele
Subject: [O] Strange indentation bevaviour: cannot find out why
Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2011 20:56:35 +0100

Hi all,

I have a very strange indentation behaviour which bugs
me a lot and I cannot find the reason why.

Having this text block at the beginning of an org file

** headline
   - [ ]
     * [ ]
       + enter C-S-RETURN with point here:
   - [ ]

and entering C-S-RETURN with point indicated I get:

** headline
   - [ ]
     * [ ]
       + enter C-S-RETURN with point here:
       + [ ]
   - [ ]

which is perfect!

Having (note the heading level is now 3 instead of 2 before, same is true for
all higher heading levels)

*** headline
    - [ ]
      * [ ]
        + enter C-S-RETURN with point here:
    - [ ]

also entering M-RETURN with point indicated I get:

*** headline
    - [ ]
      * [ ]
        + enter C-S-RETURN with point here:
 + [ ]
    - [ ]

entering C-RETURN with point indicated I get:

*** headline
    - [ ]
      * [ ]
        + enter C-S-RETURN with point here:
 +
    - [ ]

I tested with a minimal emacs config and the "bug" was gone.
So I know it is in my settings,
but I could not find the reason in my configuration.
The behaviour I see appeared only a few weeks or months ago.
Has anybody an idea?

I run Org-mode version 7.5 (release_7.5.42.g09066e).
Same behaviour was in 7.4.

-- Rainer