[O] Version 7.5: org-export-html-preamble no longer supports function

From: Bill Jackson
Subject: [O] Version 7.5: org-export-html-preamble no longer supports function
Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2011 18:12:23 -0800

In version 7.4, org-export-html-preamble and org-export-html-postamble could be set to the name of a function that was passed an option plist. This appears to no longer be supported in 7.5.

I used this functionality when publishing to generate a preamble and postamble to integrate the generated pages into my website, which included a common page layout, header bar, and footer. I was able to define options in org-export-inbuffer-options-extra, define values for these options in a .org file, and incorporate them into the preamble via the option plist passed to the org-export-html-preamble function.

Is there another way in version 7.5 that I can generate custom preambles and postambles incorporating variables from each file at the time of publishing?

With much thanks,
Bill