Re: [O] lists and fill-region

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] lists and fill-region
Date: Wed, 09 Mar 2011 15:06:20 -0500

Bernt Hansen <address@hidden> wrote:

> michael hohn <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > after upgrading to the current git head (from a version around 6.36),
> > fill-region produces wrong indentation for my lists.  Starting with
> >
> > - one
> >   - very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very,
> > long
> >   - short
> >
> > and marking the second item via mark-paragraph followed by fill-region
> > results in
> >
> > - one
> >   - very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very,
> > very, long
> >   - short
> >
> > I have tried different settings for org-list-ending-method but this
> > doesn't change the result.
> >
> > Has anybody seen this or know a fix?
>
> Hi Michael,
>
> This wraps okay for me.  I get the following:
>
> - one
>   - very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very,
>     very, long
>   - short
>
> Have you tried it with a minimal emacs setup?  Maybe it's something in
> your customizations that affects this.

With fill-paragraph, I get what Bernt gets. With
mark-paragraph/fill-region, I get what Michael gets. This is with emacs
-q -l minimal.emacs. In both cases, I start with point at the beginning
of the very, very long line.

Org-mode version 7.5 (release_7.5.7.g4090.dirty)
GNU Emacs 24.0.50.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.22.0) of
2010-11-17 on alphaville

Nick