[O] org-columns and tags

From: George McNinch
Subject: [O] org-columns and tags
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2011 10:06:04 -0500

If I define columns using a specification like

#+COLUMNS: %25ITEM(name) %25EMAIL(email)

then tags associated with the entries seem to appear in the ITEM column.
But if I include a TAGS entry in the column spec, like this:

#+COLUMNS: %25ITEM(name) %15TAGS %25EMAIL(email)

then tags show up only in the TAGS column.

Well, I'm happy with the behavior in the presence of a TAGS column, but
I wonder if the behavior in the absense of such a column is optimal?
E.g. I can imagine a situation in which one might want to use column
mode while being uninterested in the TAGS.

best,
gm

--
George McNinch <gmcninch(at)gmail.com>