Re: [O] Org expert mode?

From: Suvayu Ali
Subject: Re: [O] Org expert mode?
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2011 15:46:08 -0800

On Thu, 10 Mar 2011 11:46:16 -0700
Samuel Wales <address@hidden> wrote:

> I agree with the comments on complexity and inapplicability.  IMO it
> would be better to arrange existing menus and documentation to
> emphasize basics.

I think this might be a more productive proposal than having an
expert-mode. Also in another post, Joost referred to messages in
org-mode. Maybe there could be a verbosity variable that "expert" users
could customise if they are annoyed/don't want to look at the messages.
Org-mode defaults, as it is right now, facilitates becoming more
familiar with the advanced features of org-mode over time. I think we
should keep it that way.

--
Suvayu