[O] bug killing regions with links

From: Richard Riley
Subject: [O] bug killing regions with links
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2011 13:29:28 +0100

If I have an org entry with a line containing only an org "file: link",
if I C-space at the start of the line to set mark, down arrow or C-n and
then kill-region with C-w I would expect the entire line and link text
to be copied to the clipboard and the line deleted (transient mode
enabled). As it is it only deletes part of the link syntax leaving a
corrupted link - it seems to only kill the description part of the link
object and its closing bracket, not its opening one.

Of course a workaround is C-k but I'm kind of hard coded to kill lines
into the clipboard and I suspect the bug is probably larger than only
links on a single line.

regards

r.