Re: [O] Other programs to edit Org documents?

From: Harum Budi
Subject: Re: [O] Other programs to edit Org documents?
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2011 19:21:53 +0700

2011/3/15 Rainer M Krug <address@hidden>
> Aside from Emacs, are there other programs capable of editing Org documents?

To state the obvious: ,org files are text files, not binary files, which
can be edited with *any* text editor.

If you are asking about org-mode functionality: there are a few (I think
2) projects working on implementing something similar in vim and there
was some discussion on this mailing list - but I did not follow this in
detail.

Thanks. Google returned VimOrganizer and VimTodo. The former is an org-mode clone for vim (though I haven't read/tested how much has been implemented), but the latter uses todo.txt format and not Org. Haven't found any other similar programs so far.

(PS: I use Emacs myself, just curious).

Regards,
Budi