Re: [O] An HTML Export Observation

From: Scott Randby
Subject: Re: [O] An HTML Export Observation
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2011 11:25:05 -0400

On 03/15/2011 09:14 AM, Bastien wrote:
> Hi Scott,
>
> Scott Randby <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> When I look at the "Org Export HTML Group" for customization, I get the
>> following:
>>
>> Org Export Html Validation Link: Show Value
>>    State: UNINITIALIZED, you should not see this.
>>    Link to HTML validation service.
>>
>> Org Export Html With Timestamp: Hide Value Toggle  off (nil)
>>    State: UNINITIALIZED, you should not see this.
>>    If non-nil, write timestamp into the exported HTML text. More
>>
>> The other variables in this group are also uninitialized. The other org
>> export groups (such as "Org Export LaTeX") do not contain uninitialized
>> variables. Why is it that the variables I need the most do not work?
>
> There was a typo in the definition of the custom type of
> `org-export-html-protect-char-alist'.  I just fixed this.  Please
> confirm you don't have this error again.

Almost everything is fixed now. The variables in the "Org Export HTML
Group" work as they should, and the @<tag> issue is fixed. Thanks to
everyone for their help. But there is one remaining issue -- I can't get
timestamps in the postamble.

First, I am using org-mode release_7.5.41.g187b.

In my document, I have the following:

I looked through the export variables for anything that mentioned
timestamps and the following now appears in my .emacs:
 '(org-export-html-with-timestamp t)
 '(org-export-time-stamp-file t)
 '(org-export-with-timestamps t)

But when I do C-c C-e h on the document, the author, email, and creator
appear in the postamble, but no timestamp.

I can get the timestamp if I put the following in my .emacs (following
the instructions given by Nick Dokos):
(setq org-export-html-postamble "<p class=\"author\">Author: %a
by %c</p>\n")

However, I would rather have the above in my document instead of my
.emacs, but Nick says he can't get that to work. I saw in the manual
that one may set up a project and publish it. Then one could set the
:html-postamble option for the project, but I don't have time right now
to learn how to set up a project.

Scott Randby