Re: [O] Re: [Orgmode] Startup page

From: Filippo A. Salustri
Subject: Re: [O] Re: [Orgmode] Startup page
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2011 06:52:19 -0400

Here's what I do:
(let ((initial-buffer (current-buffer))
          (agenda-window (selected-window))
          right-window)
      ;; We're still in the root window.
      (set-frame-size (selected-frame) 162 50) ; resize the aquamacs window.
      (org-agenda nil "0")
      (tabbar-close-tab                 ; close *scratch* tab.
       (tabbar-get-tab (get-buffer "*scratch*")
                       (tabbar-current-tabset)))
      (setq right-window (split-window-horizontally 80)) ; make the right window.
      (select-window right-window)
      ;; whatever buffer we started in, make it appear in the right side.
      (switch-to-buffer initial-buffer)
      (select-window agenda-window) ; go back to the agenda.
      )

The call to org-agenda is just a custom block view.
I end up with the agenda on the left, and some initial, other buffer on the right.  No scratch or anything else visible.
Seems to work for me.

Cheers.
Fil