[O] org-src-fontify-natively makes things very, very slow

From: Julian Burgos
Subject: [O] org-src-fontify-natively makes things very, very slow
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2011 13:59:43 +0000

Dear list,

I was very excited to discover org-src-fontify-natively, but I´m not
having a good experience with it.  When it is on, org-mode becomes
very slow while typing into a code block.  This happens regardless of
the size of the file or number of blocks, and the slow down is very
noticeable.  Each keystroke takes about half a second to appear in
screen.  Typing outside of the code blocks everything works fine.
Turning off font-lock-verbose and global-linum-mode did not make any difference.
I´m running OrgMode 7.5 and GNU Emacs 23.2.1. on Windows XP.

Any ideas?

Julian

--
Julian Mariano Burgos
Hafrannsóknastofnunin/Marine Research Institute