Re: [O] Re: Future Worg publishing failure :)

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] Re: Future Worg publishing failure :)
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2011 10:34:19 -0400

Nicolas <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Bastien <address@hidden> writes:
>
> >> Current org code takes the 14. as an item in a numbered list.  When
> >> exporting to HTML, this causes an error in org-html-export-list-line -
> >> hence the subject line. It's not a problem right now but it will be when
> >> orgmode.org gets the updated version. I reformatted the line to avoid
> >> the awkward newline, so the future publishing failure will not
> >> happen.
> >
> > Thanks for that!
> >
> >> I'll let Nicolas worry about what should be done about the error.
> >
> > Let's not leave Nicolas alone here :)  I'll take a look myself into it
> > over the week-end.

By the time I find my way through the code, Nicolas will have solved it 10
times over.

> Phew, what a relief ;)
>
> The only solution I could think of is somewhere in the patchwork server
> ("Auto-fill shouldn't insert new items").

Are you saying that the patchwork server introduced this? Or that the
patchwork server should solve it? In the case I stumbled upon (a Worg
file), the patchwork server is nowhere in sight, I think: the change was
(I'm guessing here) directly committed, so maybe the original writer had
auto-fill turned on, but maybe not and just typed it that way. So
neither the patchwork server nor making auto-fill smarter would provide
a guaranteed solution. But maybe there is no such thing.

Perhaps a heuristic in html export to just take care of the error: if
it looks like a numbered list item but there is no item body, bail and
assume it's part of the text. Or a combination of that together with
the item number > 1. Would that work?

Nick