Re: [O] org-publish not publishing changed files

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] org-publish not publishing changed files
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2011 21:33:04 -0400

Aidan Gauland <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I use org-mode for my website, and I've noticed that when I go to
> publish the website, none of the files I have just edited are updated
> in the publishing directory.  I have no idea why.  Here is the elisp I
> evaluate to publish my website.
>
> (setq
>  org-publish-project-alist
>  '(("aidalgolland-orgfiles"
>     :base-directory "~/doc-aidan/aidalgolland/main/"
>     :publishing-directory "/ssh:address@hidden:public_html/aidalgolland/"
>     :publishing-function org-publish-org-to-html
>     :recursive t
>     :base-extension "org"
>     :section-numbers nil
>     :table-of-contents nil
>     :creator-info nil
>     :language "en"
>     :author "Aidan Gauland"
>     :style "<link rel=\"stylesheet\" type=\"text/css\"
> href=\"/~aidan/aidalgolland/global.css\" />"
>     :auto-preamble t
>     :auto-postamble t)
>
>    ("aidalgolland-static"
>     :base-directory "~/doc-aidan/aidalgolland/main/"
>     :publishing-directory "/ssh:address@hidden:public_html/aidalgolland/"
>     :publishing-function org-publish-attachment
>     :recursive t
>     :base-extension "css\\|gz\\|bz2\\|lzma\\|jpg\\|gif\\|png\\|atom")
>
>    ("aidalgolland" :components ("aidalgolland-orgfiles"
> "aidalgolland-static"))))
>
> (org-babel-lob-ingest "~/doc-aidan/aidalgolland/babel-lib.org")
> (org-publish "aidalgolland")
>
> (makunbound 'org-publish-project-alist)
>
> Can anyone help me with this?
>
> Thanks,
> Aidan Gauland

org uses timestamps to figure out which files need publishing
(see section 13.4 of the Org manual) and they may have gotten
curdled somehow. You can force publication by giving a second
argument to org-publish (if you called it interactively, you
could do that by giving it a prefix arg):

(org-publish "aidalgolland" t)

Or you can try getting rid of the timestamps (they are stored
in the directory named in the variable org-publish-timestamp-directory
(by default "~/.org-timestamps/") and publish again.

If you can figure out *why* they got out of sync, that would be
a bonus and worth a post here, particularly if you can identify
a bug in the code.

Nick