Re: [O] Using Variable in Org-capture configuration

From: Erik Iverson
Subject: Re: [O] Using Variable in Org-capture configuration
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2011 09:49:25 -0500

Chao,

I believe I had the exact same issue, caused the exact same use case, i.e., Dropbox. Read David's answer and see if it helps:

Chao LU wrote:
Dear all,

Just writing to see if it is possible to use variable in org-capture configuration, like this

 (setq org-capture-templates
'(("t" "Todo" entry (file *"~/org/refile.org <http://refile.org>"*) "* TODO %?\n %i\n %a" :prepend t)))
\---How could I use-> (concat My-Dropbox-Path "refile.org <http://refile.org>")

Since I put all my files in Dropbox, and the My-Dropbox-Path has different values under MAC and M$Windows.

Thanks,

Chao