[O] s-tab not working as intended in kde's konsole

From: Izzie
Subject: [O] s-tab not working as intended in kde's konsole
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2011 18:24:02 +0000 (UTC)

Hi, I'm a newcomer to orgmode and a basic emacs user who has trouble with some
shortcuts not doing what they should. I don't know how to fix it.

This problem occurs on an aptosid (debian sid 64-bits) laptop with kde when
running emacs in konsole with the -nw parameter.

Instead of folding/unfolding S-TAB seems to take focus away as the cursor goes
from full to empty but nothing.

shift-tab happens to be used by konsole as a shortcut for "next view container"
but I'm not sure what actually happening as this problem doesn't occur at all
on
my desktop under debian wheezy 64-bits and disabling the shift-tab shortcut in
konsole doesn't fix the problem.

I also noticed a few other shortcuts are not working, such as:
- C-S-RET (seems to do the same as a regular RET)
- M-S-RET (does nothing but emacs complains with "ESC <kp-enter> is undefined"
- C-RET (seems to be the same as a regular RET)
- M-S-LEFT/RIGHT does not work but M-LEFT/RIGHT does

Any help appreciated.

Iz