Re: [Accepted] [O] Allow mixed export of numbered and unnumbered section

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [Accepted] [O] Allow mixed export of numbered and unnumbered sections in HTML
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2011 10:57:03 -0400

Bastien Guerry <address@hidden> wrote:

> Patch 711 (http://patchwork.newartisans.com/patch/711/) is now "Accepted".
>
> Maintainer comment: none

This is probably obvious but I thought I'd make it explicit, both for
future wanderers and for further discussion: application of these
patches makes the behavior of different exporters potentially
inconsistent with each other.

IMO, it would be better to accumulate the patches and once all of the
exporters (or perhaps a critical mass: ascii, odt, docbook are the ones
I would like to see get patches, but opinions will vary) have patches,
then apply the whole thing in one commit (together with a documentation
patch). In the meantime, if anybody needs one of them (hi, Suvayu :-)),
they could carry it in their local branch.

Of course, there is no perfect consistency in any case between the exporters,
but I think at least making the effort to keep them consistent is better
than letting them diverge and possibly never converge again.

Comments?

Nick