Re: [O] [babel] Variable support for ob-maxima

From: Thomas Holst
Subject: Re: [O] [babel] Variable support for ob-maxima
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2011 08:25:11 +0100

Hi Eric,

ยท Eric Schulte <address@hidden> wrote:
> Thomas Holst <address@hidden> writes:

[... snip ...]

> Great, thanks for sharing this patch, I'd very much like to apply this.
> Have you seen the instructions for contributing to Org-mode [1]?  Any
> patch over 10 lines long requires signed FSF copyright attribution
> papers.  Please let me know if you are able to complete the copyright
> assignment, once that is done I will apply this patch.

I will look at the FSF papers this evening. I would be really happy to
contribute to org-mode and babel.

I will send a notice once the papers are signed.

>> Now I can use the output from one maxima block and make a LaTeX equation
>> out of it with one maxima code block and reuse the output and make further
>> maipulations with it. I find it dificult to explain what I want to do,
>> so here is an example:
>>

> The example below like a nice application, you may also want to use
> "begin_src latex" blocks to display equations resulting from maxima code
> blocks.

I will look into this. The example shows my first attempt to accomplish
my goal of using maxima as math tool and pretty print the equations with
LaTeX code. All within org mode - of course!

Best regards ...
  Thomas