Re: [O] Specifying \institute[short]{long] in Beamer presentations

From: Camille persson
Subject: Re: [O] Specifying \institute[short]{long] in Beamer presentations
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2011 10:42:05 +0100

Hi,

I'm not sure but maybe you could declare it in your org file as:

#+MACRO: BEAMERINSTITUTELONG My long and detailed Institute
#+MACRO: BEAMERINSTITUTESHORT Short Institute

And change the export code as follows:

\\institute[beamerinstituteshort]{{{{beamerinstitutelong}}}}\n

But I didn't tested it, it is just an idea that comes up reading your mail.

--
Camille

2011/3/24 Suvayu Ali <address@hidden>
On Wed, 23 Mar 2011 19:18:45 -0400
Bernd Weiss <address@hidden> wrote:

> I assume that my first email[1], which I sent yesterday, was not
> clear enough to draw any/enough attention.

Since orgmode is a volunteer effort and the list is a relatively low
traffic list, often posts are answered after a few weeks. :)

> I am currently preparing a Beamer presentation and I would like to
> include \institute[short]{long} into my org-file; it is important
> that I am able to define a short and a long entry for institute. How
> can I do this?

Let me reword your issue, but my understanding of LaTeX is limited so
please correct me if I am wrong.

You want to specify your affiliation with the institute command. AFAIU
the \institute command is declared in the header of a tex file. So I am
a little confused by your use of properties in org. Shouldn't something
like this after the "#+NAME:" and "#+AUTHOR:" directives work fine?

#+LaTeX_HEADER: \institute[short name]{My awesome institute}

Hope this helps,

--
Suvayu