Re: [O] advice: how to export a list without exporting all entries

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [O] advice: how to export a list without exporting all entries
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2011 20:45:13 +0000

Carsten,

one question about your workflow.  I've actually implemented much of
what you have suggested but I am having one problem:

[...]

> 3. I am not using an ordered list for the action items.  Instead, I
>    give them explicit numbers, in the sequence in which I am defining
>    the actions.  I am using some custom code (see end of this mail) to
>    create these actions with unique numbers.  Running
>    `M-x org-maction-new-action' (this is `C-c n' in my setup) will
>    insert a new action that looks like this:
>
>        ** TODO Action #2:                                 :#2:

This is fine except that #x tags don't work in latex export!  Obviously,
you must not export to latex.  The # is not escaped when it is in a tag
although it is within the headline.  My immediate easy solution is to
change the tag prefix (A) but I wonder if this is a bug in the latex
export?

In any case, I'm liking this solution to my minutes+actions problem.

Thanks again,
eric

--
: Eric S Fraga (GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D) in Emacs 24.0.50.1
: using Org-mode version 7.5 (release_7.5.113.g9010a.dirty)