Re: [O] Re: agenda view opening multiple buffers

From: Michael Markert
Subject: Re: [O] Re: agenda view opening multiple buffers
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2011 16:21:00 +0200

On 27 Mar 2011, Bernt Hansen wrote:
> Julian Burgos <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Dear list,
>>
>> When asking for an agenda view (C-c a), org mode opens all files in
>> the agenda list in individual buffers.  I keep lots of files in my
>> list (one per project), so having all those buffers open each time I
>> visit my agenda is pretty annoying.  Is there a way to make org mode
>> not open each file in a buffer (or close the buffers after reading the
>> file) when asking for an agenda view?
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Julian
>
> Hi Julian,
>
> I think 'e' in the agenda is supposed to exit the agenda and close
> automatically opened agenda files.

It's `x'. But I think Julian meant that the buffers should be closed
automatically and not open at least as long as the agenda is shown.

For the original issue I think the following would help:
#+begin_src emacs-lisp
(defun project-agenda (&optional args keys restriction)
  (interactive)
  (let ((org-agenda-files '("~/project-file1"
                            "~/project-file2")))
    (org-agenda args keys restriction)))
#+end_src

Or pressing `<' in the prompt buffer, for more see (describe-function
'org-agenda)

Michael