[O] Re: [Orgmode] Re: Automatic noexport tag based on rules?

From: John Hendy
Subject: [O] Re: [Orgmode] Re: Automatic noexport tag based on rules?
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2011 15:10:57 -0500

On Sun, Mar 27, 2011 at 2:37 PM, Samuel Wales <address@hidden> wrote:
> That is indeed an excellent solution if you want to add a tag for a
> todo kw.  However, I wonder if there is a direct approach, where the
> exporter simply does not export if it is a certain todo kw.  Is the
> solution to have the exporter delete anything with that todo kw?  Or
> is there a way to have it skip?

I think that was Carsten's suggestion a bit back, but I'm not sure. I
think I asked if it was just deleting as it channeled through the
export function but didn't get a response. Looking back, though, I'm
sure that's what it was and my question was probably a bit silly :)

And yes, I have turned this off as I find adding :noexport: to ever
todo in addition to whatever tags I already use to ID the project/task
is annoying and ugly. I've toyed with simply having a * Tracking
headline at the beginning of each file where I dump todos via capture
and track time and then having that have a top level noexport tag to
take care of things. That's pretty much nice, but I still like todos
created during meeting minutes or in the context of some other project
notes to stay where they make sense rather than separating them from
their location and putting them elsewhere.

So.... I've got some solutions but am not quite happy yet. I should
re-visit Carsten's solution to strip it on export. That would probably
be the ticket.

I happen to hate how inline tasks look. That's just me, though!

> One advantage of this approach is that there might be a lot of
> contexts in which you don't need the noexport tag.

John