[O] Re: zotero (or mendeley) integration with org

From: Erik Hetzner
Subject: [O] Re: zotero (or mendeley) integration with org
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2011 10:06:39 -0700

At Sat, 26 Mar 2011 15:47:44 +0000,
Stephen Eglen wrote:

> There was a mail-thread lastyear about zotero and integration with org.
> Now that there is an alpha release of 'org-standalone'
>   http://www.zotero.org/blog/2011/02/
>
> has anyone looked at whether this helps integrate org and zotero?
>
> I've not yet switched to a pdf manager (they're all stuffed into a
> folder, with a few subfolders, and the only meta-data is in the
> filename!), so I'd appreciate hearing what others to do to look after
> their pdfs.  Mendeley is a possibility too (although syncing between
> machines is a must, and Mendeley doesn't offer that yet.)

Hi Stephen,

Re. zotero-plain [1] & integration with Zotero standalone, it would
depend on what external interface Zotero standalone is presenting for
integration with external programs (e.g. the Chrome or Safari
extensions), which is not at all clear to me. zotero-plain currently
depends on mozrepl, which I do not think would distributed with Zotero
standalone.

However, with a few modifications it should be possible to get
zotero-plain to work with the zotero.org web API, which would provide
most of the benefits of Zotero standalone, although you would be
relying on a 3rd party service.

best, Erik

1. http://e6h.org/~egh/hg/zotero-plain/
Sent from my free software system <http://fsf.org/>.