[O] Re: org-src-fontify-natively makes things very, very slow

From: Matt Lundin
Subject: [O] Re: org-src-fontify-natively makes things very, very slow
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2011 10:12:20 -0400

Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> writes:

> yes, I used to use yasnippet a lot but I don't any longer.  I am
> actually in confusion as to which completion mechanism to use in Emacs
> these days and am going a little crazy... :(  I'm currently playing with
> auto-complete.

Skeletons and abbrev-mode have always gotten the job done for me, with
minimal fuss.

Here's my skeleton for org source blocks:

(define-skeleton skel-org-block
  "Insert an org block"
  "Type: "
  "#+begin_" str - "\n"
  _ \n
  "#+end_" str "\n")

(define-abbrev org-mode-abbrev-table "blk" "" 'skel-org-block)

You can see a whole range of options for inserting source blocks in this
FAQ:

http://orgmode.org/worg/org-faq.html#shortcuts-for-entering-source-blocks

Best,
Matt