Re: [O] Org babel with multiple linked segments of source code

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [O] Org babel with multiple linked segments of source code
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2011 08:09:15 -0600

Nicholas Patrick <address@hidden> writes:

> I may try playing around with the sequential sections...since that's how I'm
> currently writing the majority of this file.  Most of the pieces of code are
> simply defining functions that call other functions or macros and wouldn't
> be executed alone.  However, I'm defining other blocks as tests for the
> functional sections.  So I might do the following:

Maybe you could try either putting all of your functional definitions
into a single large code block, or you could write all of your functions
in their own named code blocks

#+source: foo1
#+begin_src emacs-lisp
  (deufn foo1 () :foo1)
#+end_src

#+source: foo2
#+begin_src emacs-lisp
  (deufn foo1 () :foo2)
#+end_src

and then use a single "functional-definitions" code block to collect all
of these functional definitions

#+source: functional-definitions
#+begin_src emacs-lisp
  <<foo1>>
  <<foo2>>
#+end_src

this single code block could then be easily included in other code
blocks.

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
  <<functional-definitions>>
  (def xyz (f1 (f2 foo))) ; produces bar
#+end_src

#+results:
: bar

I know this isn't exactly what you were after, but it does work under
the current system.  I'd be interested to hear if other LP systems have
something analogous to a "concatenate" function...

Best -- Eric