Re: [O] Re: Test framework needed

From: Suvayu Ali
Subject: Re: [O] Re: Test framework needed
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2011 17:19:38 -0700

On Wed, 30 Mar 2011 15:42:19 -0600
"Eric Schulte" <address@hidden> wrote:

> > This suite should actually be updated with effectively each patch
> > which introduces new features and run after each patch.
> >

> Agreed, in a perfect world...
>

> > So is it only necessary to add meat to this framework?
> >

> Yes, I believe the best way forward would be to add tests to the
> existing framework.

I have a possibly completely useless idea regarding "automatically"
checking regressions. As far I understand the problem now is its not
very feasible to do automated tests with what ever test suite we have
(or will have after the improvements) and see the exported results for
each patch, as at some step it involves human intervention (as in, was
the export good).

So maybe we can have a directory on the Worg website (not part of the
Worg git repo) where every week or so the test suites will publish with
what ever the org-mode head is at the time for all the supported
formats. Then us "puny lisp illiterate" users can check up on it over
the course of the week and report back to the list if there is a
problem.

Since this way people can look at the export formats they are
interested in, none of the formats get treated like a step child
either. Would that be feasible? Or did I completely misunderstand the
problem at hand?

--
Suvayu