[O] Perl parser, some questions

From: Steven Haryanto
Subject: [O] Perl parser, some questions
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 12:05:53 +0700

Hi all,

I'm writing an Org parser for Perl[1]. There are a few things about the syntax which are still unclear to me.

1. The manual says that multiple (different) in-buffer settings can be specified on the same line, but so far I haven't found such example anywhere. What is the syntax for this?

2. For settings that can be applied near a block or table, like:

 |1|2
 |2|6
 #+TBLFM: @address@hidden::@address@hidden

does it matter if it is specified before/after? Can there be separating lines between them? E.g.

 #+CAPTION: Some caption
 some text <-- allowed?
 #+LABEL: ...
 some more text <-- allowed?
 |...|...|
 |...|...|

(And btw, multiple #+TBLFM below a table doesn't seem to work on my Emacs, all formulas need to be specified on a single (long) TBLFM setting.)

3. What constitutes a valid tag? Emacs doesn't seem to recognize tags (e.g. align them) if they contain a dash.

4. What is the difference between TYP_TODO/TODO/SEQ_TODO? (IIRC, the manual is not clear on this). Or between TAGS/FILETAGS.

There may be more coming along.

Regards,
Steven

[1] http://search.cpan.org/dist/Org-Parser/lib/Org/Parser.pm