[O] Re: Enforcing drawer setup

From: Bernt Hansen
Subject: [O] Re: Enforcing drawer setup
Date: Fri, 01 Apr 2011 13:01:37 -0400

Aankhen <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi,
>
> Is there any command I can run to put into effect my
> ‘org-log-into-drawer’ setting?  I recently changed it to ‘t’, but I
> have a fair number of existing entries where it was ‘nil’, meaning
> that the files as a whole look rather haphazardly organized.
>
> Thanks,
> Aankhen

Hi Aankhen,

There's not built-in function to accomplish this that I am aware of.

This is a bit of a hack but it will probably get you the result you
want.  If you set org-clock-into-drawer to the drawer than you want and
set org-clock-out-remove-zero-time-clocks then you can visit each
heading using some elisp code, clock in and immediately clock out the
headline and it should create a drawer and wrap your existing data.

I haven't actually done this... so YMMV.

HTH,
Bernt