[O] Re: unnumbered subsections in latex export

From: Jambunathan K
Subject: [O] Re: unnumbered subsections in latex export
Date: Mon, 04 Apr 2011 19:42:12 +0530

Matt Lundin <address@hidden> writes:

> Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Jambunathan K <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>> [...]
>>
>>> I think one of the reasons Org is so popular it is that it is a
>>> common-man's swiss army knife and not a elitist samurai sword.
>>
>> And I think this is a very important analogy.  Org does a good job for
>> many (very different) tasks.  The price is that it does not necessarily
>> do some of those tasks as well as could be.
>>
>> I am happy to put with the rough edges exposed by the exporters because
>> of what the whole package provides.  Case in point: I submitted a paper
>> yesterday which I wrote in org.  However, for the submission, once I was
>> happy with all the content, I had to tweak the latex to meet the
>> journal's format because they provide a style file which requires title,
>> author, etc. to come *after* the \begin{document}.
>
> I agree that the org-exporter currently does its job very well. The
> astounding utility of org-mode is ample proof of the value of releasing
> early; even if the exporter is not as elegant as a modern compiler, it
> works. :)
>
> That said, I very much support Nicolas' proposal.

A quick (prototype) exporter demoing Nicolas's proposal could be
developed by using my new org-html.el in under few hours.

Think of it this way: If something could be XML-ified it could be
lispified. My exporter already has a common core that emits html and odt
and it is a matter of altering few callbacks so that it generates a
lispy list instead of XML.