[O] Re: [BUG] Changing TODO states sometimes modifies the schedulingof t

From: Tom
Subject: [O] Re: [BUG] Changing TODO states sometimes modifies the schedulingof the next heading
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2011 20:25:00 +0000 (UTC)

Tom <adatgyujto <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Bottom line: the problem does not occur in the English locale,
> because there all day abbreviations are 3 chars long, so the
> above described simple way of restoring the cursor position
> always works. But this is not true for all locales, so org
> shouldn't rely on that.

I created a temporary fix for the problem with advice until it
is fixed in the code properly.

Here it is if someone needs it:

(defadvice org-todo (around my-org-todo activate)
  (save-restriction
    (narrow-to-region (save-excursion (org-back-to-heading t) (point))
                      (save-excursion (outline-next-heading) (point)))
    ad-do-it))