[O] Re: unnumbered subsections in latex export

From: Matt Lundin
Subject: [O] Re: unnumbered subsections in latex export
Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2011 14:49:50 -0400

Sébastien Vauban <address@hidden>
writes:

> When discussing exporters and features, two things that come up to my
> mind as missing as a "general Org feature":
>
> - bibliography :: works for LaTeX[1], not for HTML export.

Have you tried the contributed module org-exp-bibtex.el? It is not a
self-contained org-mode module, in that it relies on bibtex2html and an
external bibtex file, but it does enable bibliographical export to html.

> - acronyms :: idem.

> I want to be able to say, in my Org file, that DNS is an acronym, for
> example. I'm thinking -- brainstorming! -- at a solution _such as_
> adding accolades around the acronyms:

> This paper talks about {DNS} clients and {DNS} servers...

> In LaTeX, this should have to be translated to:

> This paper talks about \acro{DNS} clients and \acro{DNS} servers...

One way to accommodate acronyms would be to create a new link type:

(org-add-link-type
 "acro" nil
 (lambda (path desc format)
   (cond
    ((eq format 'latex)
     (format "\\acro{%s}{%s}" path desc))
    ((eq format 'html)
     (format "<acronym title=\"%s\">%s</acronym>" desc path)))))

A link such as...

[[acro:DNS][Domain Name System]]

...would then export to latex as...

\acro{DNS}{Domain Name System}

...and to html as...

<acronym title="Domain Name System">DNS</acronym>

Having never used acronyms in LaTeX or html before, I have no idea
whether the above syntax is correct. The point is simply to offer a
proof of concept.

Best,
Matt