Re: [O] Using orgmode to take "inline notes" for research

From: Mark Elston
Subject: Re: [O] Using orgmode to take "inline notes" for research
Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2011 12:11:45 -0700

On 4/6/2011 9:33 AM, John Hendy wrote:

Inline comments already look pretty good, and I can do something like this:
,-----
| *************** Notes
| Here's some notes just want to see how this looks. Here's some notes
just want to see
| how this looks.
|
| Here's some notes just want to see how this looks. Here's some notes
just want to see
| how this looks.
| *************** END
`-----

Then on export I get a nice bold *Notes* followed by my notes:
,---
| *Notes* Here's some notes just want to see how this looks...
| \linebreak is here
| Here's some notes just want to see how this looks...
`-----

If I add :export: to that Notes headline (and all of them), then it
breaks them up a bit:
,-----
| *Notes*
| \linebreak is here
| Here's some notes just want to see how this looks...
| \linebreak is here
| Here's some notes just want to see how this looks...
`-----

So... if I were just interested in my notes (say I wanted to just push
the notes to my blog or share them without all the other text), it
might get odd to see all of those headlines. Can one export just the
text and hide the headline text altogether? And would this also create
the appearance of simply paragraphs one after the other, or would
there be some increased spacing between different chunks?

I do something similar to this but don't put any heading text on the
line.  I *do*, however, use tags for exporting various blocks for
different purposes.  This can be useful here if you want to 'munge'
things a bit on export, though it would likely take some careful post
processing or multiple passes through your doc to get what you want.

This is what I do when creating notes for teaching and handouts for
students from a single org file...

Lastly, it would be fantastic to have a "toggle" on the style used for
export of these. I would love to be able to have the inline notes
perhaps indented a little bit, but when exporting them alone, to turn
that off.

Mark