Re: [O] LaTeX export: inline markup underscore problem

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] LaTeX export: inline markup underscore problem
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2011 16:08:00 -0400

Thomas S. Dye <address@hidden> wrote:

> Aloha Mauro,
>
> Please see
>
> http://orgmode.org/worg/org-tutorials/org-latex-export.html#sec-17_2

Excuse the intrusion, but I don't see anything in there that looks like
a solution to the OP's problem (the undesired quoting of the underscore
when exporting the org file to LaTeX): what am I missing?

I was going to suggest that life would be much easier for the OP if he
could change all underscores to some other character in his bibliography
(I often see colons and minus signs used e.g.) That may or may not be
possible of course, but if it is possible, it would be the simplest
solution: the treatment of _ in the LaTeX exporter is often the source
of frustration. That is not the fault of the exporter of course: TeX
makes it very complicated to determine what the right thing to do is.

Nick