[O] Re: Emacs-orgmode Digest, Vol 62, Issue 11

From: Matthew Oesting
Subject: [O] Re: Emacs-orgmode Digest, Vol 62, Issue 11
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2011 17:54:25 -0400

I am sure that this is a trivially simple issue that I've simply overlooked in
the manual, but by God, I've been studiously overlooking it for about an hour...

I simply print a few things...

  #+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp :export output

    (let (
          (dog (sqrt 2))
          (cat 7)
          )

      (print (format "%s %f" "Dog: " (eval dog)))
      (print (format "%s %d" "Cat: " (eval cat)) nil)
      (print "Fish.")
      )

#+END_SRC

#+results:
: Fish.

Only the last value ever survives the printing process.  One line attempts to
print to standard out without specification, and the other names the stream
specifically, but in all cases, only the last message ever seems to survive.
It is as if all messages are directed to the minibuffer, happily clobbering
previous output like a sequence of baby seals, and then that minibuffer is
reported as the output stream.

Is there some way to allow for all printed output to survive?

 - M