[O] Cannot use C-c c to capture from within some files

From: Stefan Strohmeier
Subject: [O] Cannot use C-c c to capture from within some files
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2011 18:06:22 +0200

Dear Org-mode users,

I am a happy user of org-mode. Thanks for this awesome piece of software.

However, I have some problems in running the org-capture command with C-c c in
some files. For example, I have a buffer English.org opened and when I try to
use C-c c to capture I get the following error message:

--------------------Error--------------------
zerop: Searching for program: No such file or directory, git
--------------------Error--------------------

From within other files such as the org agenda buffer I can use the capture
command without any problems. I cannot see why this problem should be related
to git. I have a working copy of git installed. I use the global-set-key as
explained in the tutorial.

I am using GNU Emacs 23.3.1 (NS apple-appkit) on a Mac OS X 10.6.7 machine.

Can someone please tell me what the problem might be. Any hint is greatly
appreciated. Using google I could not find a related post. Please apologize if
this question has been asked before.

Thanks for your time.
Stefan

Stefan Strohmeier
Doctoral Student
Bayreuth Center of Ecology and Environmental Research
http://www.bayceer.uni-bayreuth.de/