Re: [O] create new files from capture

From: Bill Wishon
Subject: Re: [O] create new files from capture
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2011 19:00:57 +0000 (UTC)

>              (function function-finding-location)
>                 Most general way, write your own function to find both
>                 file and location

I just started trying to do this today myself when I found this thread.

>From what I can tell the expectation is that this function places the point
in the buffer/file at the location where you want to insert the captured
template item.

I created to following which works for me to open a new file and puts the
test template there:

(defun prompt-for-new-orgfile ()
  "This function prompts for a file to save to"

  (call-interactively 'find-file)
  (end-of-buffer))

(setq org-capture-templates
          '(("t" "Todo" entry (file+headline (concat org-directory "/gtd.org")
"Tasks")
                 "* TODO %?\n %i\n %a")
                ("m" "Meeting Notes" entry (function prompt-for-new-orgfile)
"* %^{meetingtitle}" :unnarrowed)))

What I'm trying to figure out now is how to read the template from a file.
The documentation says that it can be done by using (file "path/to/file")
in place of the template text argument, but I haven't gotten that working yet.

~>Bill