[O] particular capture method for a diet .. ?

From: Stinky Wizzleteet
Subject: [O] particular capture method for a diet .. ?
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2011 19:00:09 +0200

Hi all,

I am too fat.

And I found in the past that the best way for me to loose weight is to
log my eating habit every day and make sure that I eat between 1800 and
2200 kcal/day, no more, but also not less.

I want to figure out a way how to create a custom capture template to
keep track of my daily intake.

The result should be a diary-style org file were every day would be
filled with a table that features an updated total and an item list:

TOTAL:  1965 kcal
|apple          |       80|
|orange         |       65|
|energy drink   |       300|
... etc

(gnus: y u no tables ?)

capturing would consist of two entries, item and specific caloric
value, and these values would be inserted into a table that would
automagically update its daily total.
Every day a new table should be started.

Is this possible ? And how ?
Pointers, tips and snippets are greatly appreciated.

Best,
wzzl

--
Stinky Wizzleteet thinks:
Next Friday will not be your lucky day.  As a matter of fact, you don't