Re: [O] Using orgmode to take "inline notes" for research

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [O] Using orgmode to take "inline notes" for research
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2011 18:46:08 +0100

Rasmus <address@hidden> writes:

>> It is cool but doesn't play well with margins, as you have seen.  I've
>> given up on cool and use the following instead:
>
> I agree on the cool not being cool. However, I do wonder why you would
> want to use /ordinary/ footnotes rather than something easily removable
> such as fixmenotes, e.g. \fxnote[footnote]. The great thing is they are
> removed in the `final' print (i.e. when `draft' is not specified).

Sure, this would be a good thing for many to use.  I don't require this
because the documents I create have (or should have) no footnotes in the
final version so any footnotes that are present are things I have to
deal with!  But thanks for pointing me to this alternative.

>>> - Some of my notes are multi paragraphs, which I prefer non-indented
>>> and separated by a line break rather than no line break and indented.
>>> But when exported, multiple paragraphs just "stack up" with no line
>>> break. Can I add this to your format?
>
> I use the following for empty lines. It is quite easy to adopt it
> document wide and probably even inside certain environments.
>
>    \newcommand*{\tomlinje}[0]{\\[\baselineskip] \setlength{\parskip}{0pt}}
>
> I didn't get whether you are asking for footnotes specifically, but if
> this is the case you might be able to play around with
> \setlength{\footparindent}{} and friends?

Will do.  Did not know about \footparindent and my searches did not find
any reference to such!  Thanks.

--
: Eric S Fraga (GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D) in Emacs 24.0.50.1
: using Org-mode version 7.5 (release_7.5.183.g1997)