Re: [O] Publishing notes to a website

From: William Gardella
Subject: Re: [O] Publishing notes to a website
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2011 17:01:27 -0400

'Mash <address@hidden> writes:

> Quoting Thomas Herbert <address@hidden>:
>> Kyle Sexton <ks <at> mocker.org> writes:
>>
>>> I'm looking for advice on ways people are publishing their org notes
>>> to a website.  So far I've looked at blorgit and it's really nice, but
>>> the dependency for a backend emacs session and running through sinatra
>>> makes me wary of putting it out on my server for the world.
>>>
>>> 1.  What methods are people using to publish their org notes?
>>> 2.  Anyone have sample sites that I can see what the output looks like?
>>
>> Kyle,
>>
>> I have been actually been working on a simple clean solution for
>> writing in org-mode and keeping the file as org-mode. What I have
>> come up with is a "Textile" like PHP class that translates org-mode
>> files into HTML.
>>
>> It is still very very alpha and hope to release the code soon for
>> people to look at, work and improve or completely scrap and take my
>> idea and do it better.
>
> As I mentioned earlier I have been playing around building a regex
> parser in PHP for Org-Mode files. As you will see I am obviously an
> amateur programmer and my hope is that if this is at all useful then
> someone else will rewrite it. My site http://toshine.org uses both the
> classOrgile and the Orgile CMS. If you look at the bottom of any
> article you will see the link to the raw .org file that is
> parsed/converted to HTML.
>
> ---
> The classOrgile PHP class (very limited currently!).
> http://toshine.org/etc/files/classorgile.php.txt
>
> The Orgile PHP flat file CMS (currently used for http://toshine.org).
> http://toshine.org/etc/files/orgile.php.txt
>
> The Orgile PHP flat file CMS (fully commented code).
> http://toshine.org/etc/files/orgile-commented.php.txt
> ---
>
> Well I hope it is at least interesting for someone on this list.
>
> 'Mash

Limited though it may be, I'm extremely impressed with the results you
are getting out of this little flat-file CMS :)

It seems like a more "blog" (periodical literature)-like solution than
Blorgit, which in spite of its name is really a wiki framework.  I think
I'll be trying this in my sandbox soon :)

Will