Re: [O] Conflict between Org-Mode versions?

From: Michael Hannon
Subject: Re: [O] Conflict between Org-Mode versions?
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2011 17:20:34 -0700 (PDT)

> From: Jambunathan K <address@hidden>

>>>Restart your emacs to make sure that you don't have any remnants, but
>>>otherwise this seems fullproof to me.
>>
>> Hi, Nick.  Yes, I did restart Emacs but had the same problems.
>
>Use M-x locate-library RET org RET to find out where org (or whatever)
>comes from.

Thanks, Jambunathan.  That's a good tip, and it does indicate that I'm using
the correct version (7.5).

I just don't know enough about the inner workings of Emacs to know if the
location of the library completely defines the package.  I.e., a package in
linux (or other versions of *nix) might distribute files in:

    /etc/foo
    /usr/bin/foo
    /usr/include/foo.h
    /usr/lib/foo

and so on.  I was concerned that I was doing the logical equivalent of
deleting, say, /usr/bin/foo but not deleting, say, the logical equivalent of
/usr/lib/foo and, as a consequence, getting some kind of a mismatch.

So far, the verdict seems to be that it's my ignorance of Org-mode and not the
software that's the problem.

-- Mike