Re: [O] Dumbquotes in exported source listings

From: Avdi Grimm
Subject: Re: [O] Dumbquotes in exported source listings
Date: Sun, 1 May 2011 12:41:15 -0400

On Sat, Apr 30, 2011 at 11:13 PM, Ben Finney > Those aren't even
“smart quotes” (the term usually applied to the quote
> characters from Microsoft's standards-violating character set). Those
> are what might be called “TeX quotes” (though the convention pre-dates
> even TeX), since TeX uses ‘`’ for an opening single quote and ‘``’ for
> an opening double quote.

I'll reiterate: this is in literal code-listing sections, not English
text sections. The listings in the plain org file ARE the correct
single-quote character. Something in the pipeline is "cleverly"
converting them to "TeX-quotes", and I don't know what.

--
Avdi Grimm
http://avdi.org