Re: [O] insert picture feature request.

From: brian powell
Subject: Re: [O] insert picture feature request.
Date: Mon, 2 May 2011 10:23:12 -0400

* This is what I use (thanks to whomever wrote the original):

(defun org-screenshot ()
                           "Take a screenshot into a time stamped
unique-named file in the same directory as the org-buffer and insert a
link to this file."
                           (interactive)
                           (setq filename
                                 (concat
                                  (make-temp-name
                                   (concat (buffer-file-name)
                                           "_"
                                           (format-time-string
                           (call-process "import" nil nil nil filename)
                           (insert (concat "[[" filename "]]")))

** Works great for me, puts a timestamp on it and the filename.

** Also, notice the ".png":

*** The link above suggests ".jpg" (as the default)--which is great
for most things; except, JPG is a lossy compression format, but it
does load faster.

**** http://www.turnkeylinux.org/blog/png-vs-jpg