Re: [O] [Accepted] Make the latex export preprocessor rewrite #+INDEX to

From: Robert Goldman
Subject: Re: [O] [Accepted] Make the latex export preprocessor rewrite #+INDEX to \index.
Date: Wed, 04 May 2011 10:08:28 -0500

On 5/4/11 May 4 -2:59 AM, Carsten Dominik wrote:
> Patch 767 (http://patchwork.newartisans.com/patch/767/) is now "Accepted".
>
> Maintainer comment: Pushed with modifications.  Some optimization, and the
> original patch would have stopped at the first #+index line that was missing
> the entry...  Please verify that it still works
>
> This relates to the following submission:
>
> http://mid.gmane.org/%3C1303991243-30731-2-git-send-email-rpgoldman%40sift.info%3E

I think there's a minor problem with the patch.  AFAICT, it binds the
local variable 'entry' but does not read it (instead it uses the match
text directly).

As an aside, it might be desirable to handle the empty index case that
you identified.  E.g.,

(if (> (match-end 1) (match-beginning 1))
    ...rewrite the index entry...
    ;; else
    emit a warning
    rewrite the index entry as the empty string
)

Hope that helps,
Robert