Re: [O] Collapse LaTeX source before start of main document?

From: Suvayu Ali
Subject: Re: [O] Collapse LaTeX source before start of main document?
Date: Wed, 4 May 2011 15:25:39 -0700

Hi Chris,

I just finished writing my master's thesis in org-mode.

On Wed, 4 May 2011 11:36:58 -0400
Chris Malone <address@hidden> wrote:

> I'm working on using org mode for my PhD thesis.  I'd like to do this
> in one large file where each headline is a single chapter.  Naturally
> in a thesis there needs to be a lot of front matter: title page,
> abstract, signature page, etc.  Right now, I'm doing this with
> something like:

For all formatting stuff, I just used

#+LaTeX_HEADER: \whatever{}
#+LaTeX_HEADER: \usepackage{universitystyle}

For my abstract I used

#+LaTeX_HEADER: \include{abstract}

where abstract.tex is a simple tex file with something like:

\abstract{ My abstract }

If you wish to include this inside the \begin{document}..\end{document}
block then you can use the same latex snippet but without
the "#+LaTeX_HEADER:".

I hope this helps and good luck with the thesis. :)

--
Suvayu