Re: [O] Collapse LaTeX source before start of main document?

From: Suvayu Ali
Subject: Re: [O] Collapse LaTeX source before start of main document?
Date: Thu, 5 May 2011 07:46:08 -0700

Hi Chris,

On Thu, 5 May 2011 10:23:50 -0400
Chris Malone <address@hidden> wrote:

> @Suvayu: Thanks for the suggestion.  That is essentially what I am
> doing now with the #+LaTeX_HEADER lines, but the problem is that I
> have a bunch of things which must follow the \begin{document} in
> LaTeX.  I know I could put this in a separate file and just \input{}
> it; I wanted to see if there was a way to keep everything together in
> a single file, but also have the ability to fold this preliminary
> stuff.

In the last few months I realised it is rather difficult with export
of org files if you deviate from the "everything is an outline
paradigm". The only effective way around the problem seems to be
including from separate files, either org or tex files (for latex
export).

For example for my appendix and bibliography I use the following:

#+INCLUDE: thesis-appendix.org :minlevel 1

\backmatter
\newpage
\addcontentsline{toc}{chapter}{\bibname}

\bibliographystyle{plain}
\bibliography{master}

where thesis-appendix.org looks something like:

\appendix
\appendixpage
\addappheadtotoc

* First appendix

* Second appendix

I wish there was a cleaner solution too. :-/

--
Suvayu