Re: [O] Org as a publishing toolkit

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: [O] Org as a publishing toolkit
Date: Wed, 11 May 2011 10:09:30 +0200

Marcelo de Moraes Serpa <address@hidden> writes:

> 1) Cover image
> 2) The sub-cover:
>
>    "Title""
>  My Name
>    Date
>
> 3) TOC
>
> 4) Intro, chapters...
>
> How could I do that?

This is /one/ way, and the way I'd do it.

You'd need to do that specifically. I'd advice you to use my favorite
document class, KOMA-script, or Memoir, which is also superb.

Then, you'd need to tell Org not to make a title, toc etc. I have no
idea how you'd do that, but I'd like to know. Alternatively, you could
redefine \maketitle, but it is more cumbersome in my opinion.

Third, you would want to specify your first page. In KOMA-Script lingo.
#+begin_src LaTeX
\begin{titlepage}
 \begin{center}
     \thispagestyle{empty}
      \vspace*{1cm}
      {\huge Title}}}\\
       \rule{\textwidth}{.5pt}\\
      \vspace{2.5em}
      {\larger{Author}}\\
      \vfill
      \includegraphics[width=\textwidth]{fig/67424_scape_stamp.pdf}
      \vfill
  \end{center}
\end{titlepage}
\cleardoublepage % depending on your setup
\tableofcontents
#+end_src

Something like that anyhow. You could probably use Org-babel in some
clever way.

–Rasmus

--
Sent from my Emacs