Re: [O] beamer: centering list items

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] beamer: centering list items
Date: Wed, 11 May 2011 20:28:27 -0400

Mehul Sanghvi <address@hidden> wrote:

> I would like to center the list items that I have in my presentation.
> How would I do that ?

Vertically? I think that's what you get by default (at least that's what I get).

Horizontally? Each list item centered? I hope not - it's going to look ugly.
You can do something like this

#+LaTeX_CLASS: beamer

* foo
#+LaTeX: \begin{center}
one\\
two three\\
four five six
#+LaTeX: \end{center}

and each line will be centered, but you cannot do this with a list:
I think the box that the list occupies takes up the whole width of the
slide, so centering it is a no-op.

Or perhaps you want the whole box indented so that the items are closer
to the center of the slide (but still left-aligned)? I think you can do
that by playing with list parameters in LaTeX, but I don't have my
references handy and don't know how to do it off the top of my head.

> Is that a LaTeX thing or can it be done from within org-mode/beamer ?

The former, probably.

Nick