Re: [O] Slow movement in large buffers

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [O] Slow movement in large buffers
Date: Thu, 12 May 2011 07:59:54 +0100

Carmine Casciato <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

> I am have been seeing this for a while now on only one of about 8
> org files that I have, specifically the longest one which also has the
> most babel snippets (of pretty long sql). This behaviour is present on
> an Ubuntu VM with a scant 300Mbs as well as a Mac Pro with 6Gbs
> (although less of course). On the Ubuntu, I specifically see the CPU
> spike when typing! Very bizarre.
> -C.

What versions of org & emacs are you using?  Carsten recently (a month
ago or so?) put in a fix that seems to have addressed this problem, at
least for me.  I've been doing a lot of babel work lately and haven't
seen the slowdown since Carsten's fix.

Before this fix, the solution was to turn off mode specific fontification
of the source blocks: C-h v org-src-fontify-natively RET

HTH,
eric

--
: Eric S Fraga (GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D) in Emacs 24.0.50.1
: using Org-mode version 7.5 (release_7.5.274.gd6aba)