Re: [O] article-class.org (org-article) - bugs/discrepancies

From: Thomas S. Dye
Subject: Re: [O] article-class.org (org-article) - bugs/discrepancies
Date: Sat, 21 May 2011 14:08:18 -1000

Srinivas <address@hidden> writes:

> Tom,
>
> The org-article class is very helpful. Thank you.
>
> I have 2 issues with the class.
>
> Issue #1
>
> I tried to generate the org-article.cls from the article-class.org
>  at https://github.com/tsdye/org-article/blob/master/article-class.org.
>
> The following line in the article-class.org needs to be modified:
>
> from:  #+begin_src emacs-lisp :var table=gantttest
> to: #+begin_src emacs-lisp :var table=gantttesttable
>
> Issue #2:
>
> I was trying to pass some options to hyperref so that the PDF file metadata
> gets populated with orgmode macros but unable to do so effectively.
>
> I tried the following:
>
> #+LaTeX_CLASS_OPTIONS:
> [koma,letterpaper,captions=tableheading,charter,10pt,listings-
> sv,microtype,paralist,bookmarksopen=true,colorlinks=true,linkcolor=blue,
> urlcolor=blue,bookmarksnumbered=true,pdftitle=
> {{{title}}},pdfauthor={{{author}}},pdfkeywords={{{keywords}}},pdfsubject=
> {{{description}}},pdfproducer=orgmode,secnums,oneside]
>
> This produces a PDF but whitespace in AUTHOR, KEYWORDS, TITLE and DESCRIPTION
> are not preserved.
>
> If I try to do something like pdfauthor={{{{author}}}}, then PDF is not
> generated correctly (a PDF file is produced but output is garbled). The extra
> set of braces is not handled.
>
> Do you have any suggestions on how to pass parameters to hyperref using the
> macro features of orgmode?
>
> - Srinivas

Aloha Srinivas,

I don't have suggestions on how to pass parameters to hyperref using the
macro features of org-mode.  It isn't something I've tried to do.
Sorry.

I don't think org-article.cls was a good idea.  I learned a lot cobbling
it together, but in the end I wasn't able to keep the class general and
add all the packages that the org-mode crowd might expect.  An
org-article.cls that implements a specific style is a good idea, IMO,
and my unsupported org-article.cls might serve as a useful starting
point for someone.

All the best,
Tom

--